Council VideosWatch All Videos
In order to add items, you'll need to create an account on the site. To do this, click on Log In.
Family Day Homes
The Family Day Home Program is run by the Early Childhood Development Centre.
Hours of Operation: Year round, for children ages 0-12 yrs, Monday- Friday (hours set by the individual day home provider).
Please note the following government statutory holidays when the day homes will be closed.
- New Year’s Day
- Family Day
- Good Friday
- Easter Monday
- Victoria Day
- Canada Day
- Labor Day
- Remembrance Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day, Boxing Day
Day Homes are open during March Break and all School Professional Development Days.
Child Care for December 24 and 31 must be prearranged between the Parent and Provider by November child care schedule.
The Goals of the Family Day Home Program are:
- To partner with day home providers to foster the physical, emotional, social and cognitive development of children;
- To recruit, approve, support and offer training to day home providers
- To monitor and comply with all local, provincial, and federal laws governing child care;
- To keep confidential any information about clients or potential client families;
- To provide services to families without regard to gender, race, creed, religion, or political belief;
- To maintain appropriate records of the childcare business;
- To maintain a professional attitude in working with client families;
- To accept and respect client family’s differences in culture, customs and lifestyles;
- To be active in the community as an advocate for services for children and families;
- To continually work to enhance the status of family day home care.