Council VideosWatch All Videos
In order to add items, you'll need to create an account on the site. To do this, click on Log In.
Aspen Waste Management Facility
The Aspen Waste Management Facility is located on HWY 22 and 58 Ave in Drayton Valley
For directions and a map, click here
Hours of Operation
|Monday – Saturday
|9 am – 5 pm||9 am – 5 pm|
|Wednesday||9 am – 9 pm||9 am – 5 pm|
|Sunday||1 pm- 5 pm||1 pm – 5 pm|
The Aspen Waste Management Facility is closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Day and Easter Sunday.
Tipping Fees for the Aspen Waste Management Facility can be found here
A minimum charge of $5.00 per load is in effect for all haulers.
The tipping fee for mixed loads will be charged at the highest fee for any one of the materials contained in the load. Failure to pay your disposal fee may result in the loss of dumping privileges.
Toxic roundup no longer occurs. You can now take your household hazardous waste to the Aspen Waste Management Facility during regular hours of operation.
Take it or Leave it Centre
The Take it or Leave it Centre is available for residents in our region to bring or pick-up items for free. It is open for the same business hours as the Aspen Waste Management Facility. See some of the items at the Take it or Leave it Centre below.
Residential Yard Waste Drop-off
Yard waste can be dropped off at the Aspen Waste Management Facility(AWMF) during regular business hours. This is a free service for residential yard waste that includes: grass clippings, leaves, and small branches. Yard waste must be removed from plastic bags prior to placing in the bin. This service is available yearly from early spring until late fall.
Household Waste does not include shingles, decks, fences or household renovations. These items will be charged to the hauler.
Household waste includes the following:
- Mattresses, beds and furniture
- Appliances and CFC Units
- Organic waste—branches and roots not accepted at the compost facility
- Grass, leaves and wood chips dropped off at the compost facility
- Recyclables of marginal value (tin, plastic, glass and milk cartons)
- Oil containers and batteries dropped off in the compound shed
- Empty, dry paint cans
- Household waste does not include hazardous waste, visible recyclables (cardboard, newspaper, mixed paper, plastic milk jugs and oil containers) or the following items:
- Commercial demolition – shingles, decks, fences, concrete or household renovations (drywall, flooring, wood debris and contaminated cardboard)
- Scrap metals
- Clean concrete (no rebar)
Waste Transfer Stations