Council VideosWatch All Videos
In order to add items, you'll need to create an account on the site. To do this, click on Log In.
The Town of Drayton Valley is very serious about recycling. We are working hard to reduce the amount of waste going to landfills. Through innovative recycling programs, Drayton Valley aims to be a leader in protecting the natural beauty of our community. A successful recycling program is a team effort. Residents are encouraged to make the decision to reduce, reuse and recycle before garbage is taken out. Recyclables will be collected and delivered to a processor that turns them into high-quality raw materials.
The Town of Drayton Valley is a member in good standing and supports the Recycling Council of Alberta whose mission it is to promote and facilitate waste reduction, recycling and resources conservation. The Town of Drayton Valley’s 2017/2018 RCA Certificate can be viewed here
RECYCLING CONTAINER & BLUE BAG ITEMS
Don’t throw it away, it can be used in some other way! Review the following list for items that are accepted or not accepted in your recycling container or blue bag.
Make sure blue bags are not over 35lbs or they will rip. A good rule of thumb is if it contains fibre, household plastic (#1-7), glass, tin/aluminum, beverage container it can be recycled.
If they crinkle when you wrinkle it is NOT recyclable (chip bags, saran wrap, ziploc bags, bubble wrap, foil, cellophane etc.)
Here are some tips to make your recycling efforts more effective
|CELL PHONES||TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT CENTRE||MATERIAL RECOVERY FACILITY|
Cell Phones can be recycled at the following locations in Drayton Valley
All proceeds from recycled cell phones go to the Drayton Valley Health Services Foundation.
The Take It Or Leave It Centre is located at the Aspen Waste Management Facility (Landfill) on the left just as you enter the Landfill.
can be left at the Take It Or Leave It Centre. You can also pick up FREE items from the Take It Or Leave It Centre anytime during regular operating hours.
The Aspen Waste Management Facility also operates a Material Recovery Facility (MRF) that collects recyclable material and household hazardous waste. Eligible paint and E-waste can be brought to the facility at no charge as long as the material is not brought in with other chargeable materials.
The Material Recovery Facility accepts the following items:
If you wish to drop off your own recycling, the Recycling Depot is located at 5018 Industrial Road
Drayton Valley Recycling Depot Location
Here you can drop off your cardboard and blue recycling bags.
Why wasn’t my recycling picked up on collection day?
As per the Town of Drayton Valley’s Waste Management Bylaw 2009-01-E,
section 5, subsection 5.2: blue bag service will not be provided if:
- Blue bags are improperly placed or obstructed from collection
- Blue bags contain prohibited material
- Blue bags are contaminated with food or other organic or prohibited material
To ensure that your blue bag recycling is collected
Here are some tips to ensure that your blue bag recycling is collected as per the Town of Drayton Valley’s Waste Management Bylaw 2009-01-E
Section 3: Preparation of Waste Matter for Collection
- All blue bag recyclables will be placed in blue translucent bags and securely tied
- Large corrugated cardboard will be flattened, tied and placed under blue bags
Section 4: Collection, Location, Storage and Scheduling
- The collection for blue bag recyclables shall be the front street and curbside where lane access is not available
- Place blue bags at the front of the premises immediately adjacent to the curb and/or sidewalk, but not to exceed 1.50 meters from municipal roadways and or property line
- Where lane pickup is available, the blue bag recyclables shall be located at the rear of the property within 1.50 meters from the property line
- The blue bag must be a least 1.0 meter from everything around it
- Place in back lane or at front curb by 7:00 a.m. on your collection day
If your recycling was not collected and you believe you followed correct procedures, call Can Pak Environmental Inc. at 780-515-8999.
For information on Aspen Waste Management’s (Landfill) hours of operation and location, click here